Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Re-marriage (if person got religiously married in India)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-marriage (if person got religiously married in India)

If person got religiously married in India without registering in registrar office and later person takes up US citizen status with single marital status and now living in India, does this person has unmarried status to re-marry in USA or not?

Re: Re-marriage (if person got religiously married in India)

I wish to inform you that status of person is married. When religious marriage is done then that is a valid marriage under laws in India. US recognizes foreign marriage if that marriage is performed as per laws of the country and thus your marriage in valid in USA. Registration of marriage is optional and does not affect validity of marriage. If you re-marry any other lady then you will commit offence of bigamy in India.

AFF

Comment

Re: Re-marriage (if person got religiously married in India)

http://www.legaljunkies.com/forumdiv...erty-wife.html

Please keep all your transgressions in one thread. Otherwise you waste everyones time.
      Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X