Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

divorce and childsupport (my bf a us citizen and she lives in mexico)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• divorce and childsupport (my bf a us citizen and she lives in mexico)

my boyfriend is still married he married a us citizen and she lives in mexico as well as him they got married in vegas is been difficult to start process of divorce he has been paying her money for 2 kids they have together she just informed him that she will be going to texas to file childsupport what can he do to avoid that or any suggestion oh and one of the child is a us citizen the other one was born in mexico. Is she commiting fraud is she does that or is she intitle to do that.

re: divorce and childsupport (my bf a us citizen and she lives in mexico)

Child support is part of the dissolution of marriage petition; although once the papers are filed a temporary order of support is often issued. The law presumes that both parents are responsible for the support of their minor children even if they are separated and there is no existing support order. It would be in the best interest of the parent who has left the household to continue with support, as judges do not look kindly upon those who do not.

Comment

She is quite entitled to ensure her children are financially cared for by their father.

Getting entangled with a man who not only already has kids but is still married to the mother puts you at a great disadvantage. He is still responsible to that family first.

Comment

It appears she has no standing to file in Texas,since the children are residents of Mexico. Did he file for a divorce there?
        Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Re: divorce and childsupport (my bf a us citizen and she lives in mexico)

Originally posted by ssvsarai View Post
          my boyfriend is still married he married a us citizen and she lives in mexico as well as him they got married in vegas is been difficult to start process of divorce he has been paying her money for 2 kids they have together she just informed him that she will be going to texas to file childsupport what can he do to avoid that or any suggestion oh and one of the child is a us citizen the other one was born in mexico. Is she commiting fraud is she does that or is she intitle to do that.
          The best advice to you is to stand back, withdraw from the relationship until he gets his marital situation straightened out. He is obligated to pay support for his children, preiod! Under common law. Do you really want to tie up with a man who skips out on his responsibilities to his children?

She may file for support where she and the children reside. Both of them.

My suggestion is that since you do not know the details, you just back away and out of the situation until it works out.

Comment

Re: divorce and childsupport (my bf a us citizen and she lives in mexico)

Originally posted by Disagreeable View Post
            It appears she has no standing to file in Texas,since the children are residents of Mexico. Did he file for a divorce there?
            This is incorrect. She has standing to file for divorce in any state where she meets the residency requirements. Ditto for support for the children -- where they are residing -- not where they were born. They are residing with the mother.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X