Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home with no equity; Married 10 years

Husband's name is on the home's title. Married 10 years.
    1. do I have any rights to the home?
    2. if there is no equity in the home, is it worth it to ask for a portion of the sale of the home?

re: Home with no equity; Married 10 years

1/2 of nothing is still nothing.
    Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Re: Home with no equity; Married 10 years

Why would you want rights to a liability? If there's no equity he will have to pay at closing. So it's not really half of nothing, it's worse.

Comment

Re: Home with no equity; Married 10 years

Originally posted by bbold View Post
        Husband's name is on the home's title. Married 10 years.
        1. do I have any rights to the home?
        2. if there is no equity in the home, is it worth it to ask for a portion of the sale of the home?
        In what state do you live? That determines what rights you may have and whether the obligation is joint or separate as to the mortgage. Was it purchased during the term of the marriage or before? Are payments current or in arrears?

These questions need to be answered before anyone can give a meaningful answer.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X