Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do It Yourself Divorce

Im trying to do my own divorce, but i want to do it as simply, and as cheap as possible. Heres a couple small details pertaining to my situation: My wife and I married in 2002, I was in the military, and when I got out she didnt want to leave California, so I left. Now I live in Texas and have continued on with my life with a girlfriend, a new career, everything. I lost track of her for a while but I just found her through her father. Now...all I know is that I need a Petition, Waiver of Citation, and the Final Decree. What are the steps i need to take? Particularly, what am I going to need from her? Is she going to be able to do this without having to come here? Any and all help is truly appreciated.

Re: Do It Yourself Divorce

You may want to go to the home page of this site and look at the Legal Forms--they have documents and instructions that may help you

Comment

Re: Do It Yourself Divorce

I filed for divorce using a book called "File for Divorce in Texas." It has forms, instructions and a CD. The publisher is Sphinx Publishing and the authors are Karen Ann Rolcik and Edward A. Haman. Also, if your won't sign, you a Citation by Publishing or Citation by Posting. If so, you will also need an Affidavit for Citation by Publishing. All is in the book except a Citation by Posting. You can information of the internet for that.

The price listed is $27.95. Ebay or one of the online used bookstores may have it for less.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X