USAC Banner 728x90



No announcement yet.

International divorce (American citizen, Swedish citizen)

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Unregistered
    Guest replied
    re: International divorce (American citizen, Swedish citizen)

    You will need to reside in the state for a short period if you want to file in the USA, but you can do so if you are back here. You may want to compare your state rules V. Sweden and then file where best for you.

    Leave a comment:

  • International divorce (American citizen, Swedish citizen)

    Hi ! I need some guidance. I am am American woman who chose to marry a Swedish gentleman, in sweden 13 years ago. We have 2 children (9 & 10). I have asked for a divorce and have travelled back to America to clear my thinking and proceed with the divorce. Here are my specific questions:
    1)How do I proceed?
    2) Can I file here in America?
    3) Which countries rules are abided by?
    4) Does it strengthen my case if I am a resident here in the States - define resident - is there a time frame?
    5) I want to ask for 100% custody - how do I proceed?

    Thank you !
    W. Lundqvist
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.