USAC Banner 728x90



No announcement yet.

Removing a signifigant other from the house

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Removing a signifigant other from the house

    Located in Minnesota - My son has 2 children (ages 3 and 10 mos) with his live-in girlfriend. She has been arrested for Meth possesion and child neglet. The children have been removed from the home and placed in foster care with me (their grandmother)
    My son has asked the girlfriend to leave his house, she in turn went to her legal aide lawyer and was told by him that my son could not kick her out. She will be going into treatment, and is working with the social services department on many issues. The children have been taken from her care two times, and my son would like to gain custody of the children.

    At this point child protection will not allow the children to stay with him in his home because the mother is a danger to the children.

    What steps does my son need to take to legally remove her from his house?
    She does not work, does not pay any rent or bills in the house. He has the sole income. The home is owned 100% by him.

    We need to know what steps to take, that will remove her from the home, and put him in the best position to petition for custody of the children.

  • #2
    Re: Removing a signifigant other from the house

    he has to file for eviction just as any tenant etc. would be evicted--it is easy to do and the local court has forms


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

    the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

    widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.