USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help regarding Jurisdiction for Divorce (Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help regarding Jurisdiction for Divorce (Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore)

Hello Sir,

I am from Delhi. I married a girl from Mumbai in 2001.
    It was a tradional arranged marriage in the presense of our families and relatives.
    Sameday we got our marriage registered in Mumbai (got the marriage certificate).

After marriage we stayed in Bangalore for 3 months.
    And after that we stayed in US for 10 months.
    Our marriage turned out to be a disaster. It all started within 15 days of marriage.
    But I continuously tried to solve the problem, hoping that everything will be ok.

First I went to US and after I was settled there called my wife to US after 1-1/2 month.
    She used to abuse me every now and then.

She started her Phd in US.
    Because it was difficult for me to stay with that girl, I came back to India. Joined one company in Bangalore.

It's been 4 years now. I am in Bangalore and she in US.

Can I file for divorce in Bangalore? Will it be under the jurisdiction of court in Bangalore?

Or do I have to file a case in Mumabi where our marriage was registered?

Could you provide any reference of divorce case similar to my case?

Thanks in advance,
    Satish

re: Help regarding Jurisdiction for Divorce (Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore)

You normally can file your papers (for obtaining the appropriate divorce under the appropriate provisions of Indian law under which you have been married) to the Matrimonial Forum at the place of jurisdiction of your permanent residence or marriage. You will have to set out a valid ground describing in detail the reason for getting divorced in the Petition.

Comment

re: Help regarding Jurisdiction for Divorce (Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore)

Thanks a bunch.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X