Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there limitations/risks with trial separation?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there limitations/risks with trial separation?

Hello,

I'll try to be brief. I've been married for 28 years this month. Last year, I decided to leave (Ca.) to stay with my daughter who lives in Az. in order to get some emotional space, as nothing was getting resolved while my husband and I were living together. And also to make sure that divorce was really what we wanted.
    We talk on the phone and I've been back to Ca. to visit during this time. The separation seems to be making a difference for the better. My only concern is, if he should decide to file for a divorce while I'm in Az. would that affect my rights in any way?

Thank- you for any and all help on this matter.

Re: Are there limitations/risks with trial separation?

You would then have to have the case heard in CA; and there are some differences between the state's laws and those of AZ. It may also be less convenient for you if you are in AZ

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      You would then have to have the case heard in CA; and there are some differences between the state's laws and those of AZ. It may also be less convenient for you if you are in AZ
      Thank you for your response. One more question for you or anyone else who may know, can the information on the differences of the laws of those two states be found online anywhere so I can do a little research myself?

Comment

You could email WLD privately on the home page??

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X