Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• madagascar/french divorce

Madagascar. I am madagascan, I'm married to a french citizen, our marriage has not worked out, we've decided to separate and then divorce. He wants to divorce in madagascar, i am confused, what is the difference between divorcing in france and madagascar?

Re: madagascar/french divorce

You need to review your details carefully with counsel as the laws of the two will somewhat vary on support, property, terms of finances etc.

You may want to ask World Law to outline the differences for you in a brief memo if they could.

Whoever files first and serves the other may have the jurisdiction/venue and the case will be heard there.

Normally you do need to divorce where one or both now reside?

Comment

Re: madagascar/french divorce

Thanks for taking the time to reply. We reside in neither Madagascar, nor France, which will probably make things more complicated. I really just want to divorce and get on with my life as it was before the marriage with the minimum of fuss and paperwork!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X