USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are my rights for California marriage?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are my rights for California marriage?

Hi,

My husband and I have been married for 4 years in California. The house and everything in it is in my name. I signed the documents for the house 2 months after we were married. We have a 3 year old son. My husband is a drug addict. I have asked him to leave after finding he was using again but he doesn't want to, says I can't make him.

I need to know what my rights are. What can I do - can I change the locks on the door? I told him I want this to be amicable, but if he won't let me, then I will do what I have to.

Thanks.

Re: What are my rights for California marriage?

You will not be able to evict him unless he acts violently etc.--but if you file for divorce, the court could then give an order to have him move to other housing. He can be arrested if he fails to comply.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X