Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

divorce from filipina... international divorce?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• divorce from filipina... international divorce?

Thanks first off for reading this,

Does anyone have any advice for separation, divorce from a filipina? International divorce?
    She lives in PI with our kids and I live in the states.

Thanks

Bruce

You can file for divorce in the USA if you reside there and as to US law you will be divorced.

As you know it is a bit trickier in Pl but if you have a valid US divorce you should be able to avoid most problems and she will be deemed divorced legally.

You could still have issues and obligations in Pl because they do not automatically recognize divorce but if you are not there at all, there normally is no issue.

Comment

re: divorce from filipina... international divorce?

Thanks for response in advance;

I have not lived with my wife for 10yrs now. Although I do send money to support her and my 3 children.
      Is there a statute or something for time not spent together?

I work anywhere between 30 to 65 hours overtime every 2 weeks to make sure my children are cared.
      She receives 1.2 million pesos/yr for support. Thats about $2200/month U.S.

In Florida, They count your entire gross income to include overtime hours to determine alimony/child support.
      This is the Philippines mind you, My wife is, "High Dollar". (due to my own fault). Im just not sure I can continue to work so many hours just to support her spending habbits.
      It would be nice if I was able to relax on some of my O.T.
      Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

B.Macias

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X