Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how does my fiance finalize his divorce from jail?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how does my fiance finalize his divorce from jail?

California: My fiance was not the petitioner, but the divorce was filed and granted to his ex back in 2004.He never contested the divorce or requested any property or money from it. he and i applied for a marriage license and through the process realized that his divorce was never finalized. I informed his ex on the proper steps she needed to take such as getting the judgment signed off on by the judge and she still hasn't done it. she's known of the situation for over a year. We've grown frustrated by the situation. My fiance is in jail so what do we need to do to get the divorce finalized without her participation even though she was the petitioner? Again the divorce was granted back in 2004, his ex was granted full custody of the children as well. it's all about the finalization of the divorce. Please advise.

Re: how does my fiance finalize his divorce from jail?

If a divorce was granted and signed by a judge, it's finalized. It's unclear what is going on in your boyfriend's case. It might be best to wait until he gets out of jail and look into it himself, as there is nothing, legally, you can do. You are not a party to the divorce and this is something he must take care of himself.

Who informed you both that the divorced was never finalized? Go to the district court that presided over the divorce and ask for a copy of the judgment.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X