No announcement yet.

Marriage and child support problem

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Marriage and child support problem

    I got married in 1993 in NY and had a child. I was separated and then incarcerated. I lost touch with my wife and child who moved to another state. I attempted to find them for many years with no luck. In 2005 I got married again in NJ. Recently, my first wife (who I never divorced) found me and is taking me to court for child support. The case went to court in NY but was transferred to NJ because that is where I live. What are my options? Is the court going to find out about my second marriage? Am I going to go to jail? Is my second marriage even legal? Please help.

  • #2
    Re: Marriage and child support problem

    Second Marriage is not valid and you could go to jail being that there is a record background in your favor. There's not too many options for you to do but get a ood lawyer.


    • #3
      Re: Marriage and child support problem

      You could try to have the divorce and the second marriage all ruled upon together and have a judge rule at what date the second marriage is valid if at all; you will need counsel to guide you through that mess


      Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

      the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

      widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.