No announcement yet.

How can I get him out of the house

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How can I get him out of the house

    My husband is an alcoholic who won't seek treatment. We have been married for 5 years and have 2 small children. I have tried everything and it is getting worse. I do not want the children around him when he is drinking, but I would like to be able to keep the kids living in what they know as their home. Is there something I can do legally to get him to move out of the house (he refuses)? I don't want to divorce but may not have any choice.

  • #2
    Re: How can I get him out of the house

    A divorce proceeding will allow the court to impose authority as to housing and assets etc., even immediately on a temp. basis; it may be your best bet.

    If he is abusive or hits anybody etc., the police may also remove him and a restraining order could be possible--even outside of a divorce proceeding.


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

    the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

    widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.