Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If on disability where do I stand?

I am in a 28 yr marriage with two grown children. Life threatening illnesses came into play and the bottom line now is ... I am on disability and receive around 700.00 mo. I receive social security and have Medicare Parts A&B. I am also insured through my husband's employer. Due to illness now I have huge prescription bills, which are helped out immensely by the insurances listed above.
    I understand that in GA. when a marriage dissolves the assets are split 50/50, and I really am not concerned with whether or not my husband would want me to have what I am entitled to ... I believe he would. What I am concerned with is whether or not I could literally survive due to high amount of money my medication costs. Married, it's do-able, but divorced ... I don't know. I know my social security will not cover it. We owe maybe 5 yrs on our home and it will be paid for. I don't see either of us being able to give the other enough so that one of us is able to remain here, so ... I suppose we would have to sell.
    I have not qualified for any more assistance ... due to his salary, but divorced that salary would plummet drastically. I am uninsurable if I divorce, but wouldn't I qualify for enough assistance of some sort to manage a roof over my head and my medications?

Re: If on disability where do I stand?

A court will consider all of those factors and how you will support yourself and may make allowances so that you receive more assets...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X