Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the first step?

I have been divorced for 7 years now and I don't have any contact to my ex who lives in new york. We purchaced a house and the title is on our both names. After separation and divorce, I only picked up few personal items and left the state and left my ex living at our house. Now, it has come to my attention, that ex has been late in the mortage payments which has effected my credit rating. How would I go about selling or refinancing the house, so that I will get my share of the house and out of the mortage?

Re: What is the first step?

Check your divorce agreement to see if anything requires him to do so--but otherwise if two owners cannot agree on what to do with a piece of property they may petition the court and the court will order a sale or refinancing etc. so that one may get out of the property obligation.

Comment

thank you for your reply. Would you happen to know or be able to provide a link what papers are necessesary to file the petition. is there a name for a such of petition? What branch of court the petition need to be directed to? Do I need to be present at the state do file the petition? Thank you.

Comment

hi--check wld's legal forms for a "partition" of property form--if not there write back

Comment

for new york there was only agreement, not petition.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X