Divorce not final? (California, Texas)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divorce not final? (California, Texas)

Hello,

I was told by Mr. Davis to look up online about why I had yet to recieve my divorce papers. when I did what I found was this (below). Does this mean we are not yet diroved? And when where the papers filed? It was my understabding that they had been filed October of 2005...not 2006 and that the divorce was final (as told to me by Mr. Davis) May 30th 2006.

Can you please clear this up or refer me to a lawyer who can? Thank you. [email protected]

Case Summary

Husband VS Wife ( mutual)
    Filing Date: 06/27/2005
    Case Type: Dissolution of Marriage (General Jurisdiction)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Future Hearings
    None

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Documents Filed | Proceeding Information
    Parties
    Husband- Petitioner
    Wife - Respondent
    MEDINA RANDY WONG - Attorney for Petitioner

Case Information | Party Information | Proceeding Information
    Documents Filed (Filing dates listed in descending order)
    10/31/2006 Judgment-Package Received-2336
    08/07/2006 Request-Enter Default
    08/07/2006 Declaration-Property Instructions
    08/07/2006 Declaration-Income & Expense
    07/27/2006 Declaration-Serv Final Decl of Dis
    07/07/2006 Proof of Service-Summons & Com
    01/06/2006 Proof of Service-Summons & Com
    11/17/2005 Petition-Amended
    Filed by Petitioner
    09/23/2005 Proof of Service-Summons & Com
    Filed by Petitioner
    08/22/2005 Petition-Amended
    Filed by Petitioner
    08/22/2005 Summons-Family Law
    Filed by Petitioner
    06/27/2005 Petition
    Filed by Petitioner
    06/27/2005 Summons-Family Law
    Filed by Petitioner

re: Divorce not final? (California, Texas)

BTW, this is in Los Angeles, California but I am currently in Texas myself.

Comment

I am in this exact spot. What ended up happening? Thanks

Comment

Looks like the case may not have been finished or signed by the judge

presumably a cal to the court clerk and all parties involved could resolve

Comment

Re: Divorce not final? (California, Texas)

I was seperated for 5 years so I filed for a divorce in california where i resided at the time,appeared in court.. judge said you are now divorce and you will get your judgement in the mail,oh by the way i filed all my divorce via the mail...month later assuming i was divorce, got remarried in texas....five months later get the final degree...Then looking at final judgement date....wasn't free to married come to find out the day you go to court you have a six month waiting period...my question here would be is my marriage void....I reside in texas now,still together with spouse number two for over 24 years....what would i have to do to make this all right.....I read on some of the blogs that our marriage is not valid....do i have to get remarried....

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X