Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interpretation in my divorce stipulation

My exhusband and I are interpretating the following paragraph in my divorce stipulation in regards to having a Joint Bat Mitzvah for my twin daughters differently. I hope someone can help clarify this for me :

The parties shall agree that in the event they choose to make a joint Bat Mitzvah for the children and have both sides of the families present at the affair, that they shall share all costs of the same on a pro-rata basis, depending on the number of guests they each invite to the celebration and shall have the same rights of inviting and participating in the celebration.
    The parties shall share equally in the cost of meals of the children's friends and guests. However, all ancillary costs, such as flowers, DJ, etc., shall be shared on a pro-rata basis depending on the number of guests attensing on each side.

Ok....here where the interpretation are different. Is the first sentence in regards to family only?
    Also...He has to share equally in the costs of the children's friends and guests. Who are the guests?? Are the children's guests anyone who is not a family member??
    I hope someone can help clarify this for me.....it is causing some headaches and I'm trying to get some legal advice!!
    Thanks,
    J

Re: Interpretation in my divorce stipulation

I don't know if it is too late or not but it clear to me. The "guests" are whomever you each decide to invite (family, friends, acquaintences, etc). The first sentence means that you cannot keep your ex's family from attending and your ex cannot keep your family from attending.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X