USAC Banner 728x90



No announcement yet.

Refusal to respond: Can a divorce been settled by default?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Refusal to respond: Can a divorce been settled by default?

    Washington State, Pierce County
    My soon to be ex filed a petition for divorce over a year ago now. The court date is coming up soon, and her attorney has refused to respond multiple request for a court ordered settlement conference which should have taken place months ago. The settlement conference is required prior to trial. Any advice on how to make the attorney respond would be greatly appreciated. Or if there are motions which can be filed with the court to impose consequences for lack of response and failure to follow the court appointed schedule, I greatly appreciate those being brought to my attention.

    Can a divorce been settled by default? If the opposing counsel fails to respond by the trial date, what is the recommended course of action?

    Thank you!

  • #2
    You may write the judge and/or file a motion and ask him to order the conference and/or sanction her for failing to follow the court's procedure.


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

    the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

    widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.