Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happens when the other spouse cannot be located?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happens when the other spouse cannot be located?

If the divorce is contested and not settled, the court will determine whether the divorce will be granted based on court materials, submissions and testimony.

Contested means one of the spouses has served and filed court materials to dispute the divorce. The spouses would need to provide evidence to support or contest the claims made.
    Last edited by lawyertrust; 04-04-2011, 11:25 PM.

Re: What happens when the other spouse cannot be located?

There's no easy way to get through a divorce and, unfortunately, that includes many legal tangles. Divorce lawyers will walk you through each step of the divorce process.

Comment

Both the parties involved in the divorce caase have to sign the necessary documents to contest the case. In the absence of any one of them the procedings cannot go any further. Therefore, the spouse first needs to be located. However, there are certain clauses that state that when one of the spouse does not show up for a certain number of years then they will be granted divorce automatically although it depends on the country you are living in.
      California Foreclosure Attorney -- John Dzialo

Comment

Without spouse the case cannot be taken forward, so its necessary for both the parties to be present there and follow the rules and regulation of the law. Its there attorney duty to tell there clients about all the things before hand.

Comment

You will need to prove that you’ve made an effort to find the spouse. One option I’ve seen is called a “Divorce by Publication”, where you run a legal advertisement in a newspaper or publication in the area where your spouse last was living. If the spouse is still MIA after some time, you may be able to continue through the legal separation, even if they aren’t there.

With that said, it is important to note that legal procedures vary by region, so the best step is always to contact a local divorce lawyer.

Comment

Originally posted by dan View Post
            You will need to prove that you’ve made an effort to find the spouse. One option I’ve seen is called a “Divorce by Publication”, where you run a legal advertisement in a newspaper or publication in the area where your spouse last was living. If the spouse is still MIA after some time, you may be able to continue through the legal separation, even if they aren’t there.

With that said, it is important to note that legal procedures vary by region, so the best step is always to contact a local divorce lawyer.
            Pls Consult an experienced attorney to solve your issue and it will also help to provide a best legal representation for your case

Comment

Pursuing an additional degree, or working in a non-professional, short-term, or part-time job nine months after graduation.

Comment

I need to divorce but my husband has been gone for four years and I have NO idea where he is. What can I do now to divorce?

Mildred

Comment

Mildred6, If you are in the US, each state usually has a provision for divorce by publication, you would need to explore the method/requirements for your state.
                  Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

"Divorce by publication" meaning that notice is given in the newspaper or in some other public fashion, even if you don't know where your spouse is.

Comment

I divorced in South Carolina and my husband had gone to Africa for the last 12 years, and never saw him again. The judge had me place a notice in the local papers and in the New York Times and that was it. After that the divorce was granted. The entire thing cost me 850 dollars. That was four years ago.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X