Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mother abandoned son with me and has never returned.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mother abandoned son with me and has never returned.

I am the father of a 1 year old child I have been taking full care of him since he was 3 months old his mother abandoned him with me and has never returned. Nor has ever looked for him, this happened in Texas and I live in Florida now what can I do to get full custody

Re: Mother abandoned son with me and has never returned.

You already have full custody. As long as you are on (and have possession of) his birth certificate, you shouldn't have to do anything unless the mother comes back and makes any claims to the child. That's when you address it in court.

Going to court on it now will require you to find her and serve her with court papers and that's almost guaranteed to bring her back into your life.

Courts in this country are biased in favor of giving the mother custody and hitting the father up for child support.

Best to let sleeping dogs lie, don't poke the bear, don't test the bear trap with your foot to see if it works, don't spit in the wind, don't tug on Superman's cape, don't pull the mask of the Lone Ranger, etc. You get the idea.

Comment

What's your relationship to the mother and how do you know for sure that your the biological father?

Comment

Were you married to her?

You need to get a court order if not. Once you’ve been in FL for over 6 months you can file for sole legal and physical custody.

Comment

In this case you should obtain a court order regarding sole custody by convincing the court that the mother of the child abandoned him at the age of 3 months.

Comment

I'll never understand how a mother could do that.
            Must be hard on the child and the father.
            ​​​​​​​I hope they make her pay support at least someday!

Comment

Originally posted by adjusterjack View Post

You already have full custody. As long as you are on (and have possession of) his birth certificate, you shouldn't have to do anything unless the mother comes back and makes any claims to the child. That's when you address it in court.

Going to court on it now will require you to find her and serve her with court papers and that's almost guaranteed to bring her back into your life.

Courts in this country are biased in favor of giving the mother custody and hitting the father up for child support.

Best to let sleeping dogs lie, don't poke the bear, don't test the bear trap with your foot to see if it works, don't spit in the wind, don't tug on Superman's cape, don't pull the mask of the Lone Ranger, etc. You get the idea.
              yeah I second that!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X