USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Travel permission with the kids - (Canada/ Russia)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel permission with the kids - (Canada/ Russia)

Hello, my ex doesn't allow me to take my kids to visit my relatives to my country of origin. I've not visited them already 7 years. There were diffrerent excuses like the kids are too small, lack of money etc..I was agree. But now my kids are 6 and 4,5 years old, they love their grandparents that visit them every year for 1 month here in Canada, Ottawa/Gatineau. We separated last year in September 2013, the kids are on shared custody. This summer i planned to go to Russia with them to visit my parents, my grandfather that is almost 89, my brother that has two kids so the cousins could play together. He is a Canadian citizen (but he is of Russian origin), I am a permanent resident, 7,5 years living in Canada, my Citizenship is in process. Do I have chances to get the permission to go to my country if i go through the court case?

re: Travel permission with the kids - (Canada/ Russia)

Originally posted by Olga76 View Post
    Hello, my ex doesn't allow me to take my kids to visit my relatives to my country of origin. I've not visited them already 7 years. There were diffrerent excuses like the kids are too small, lack of money etc..I was agree. But now my kids are 6 and 4,5 years old, they love their grandparents that visit them every year for 1 month here in Canada, Ottawa/Gatineau. We separated last year in September 2013, the kids are on shared custody. This summer i planned to go to Russia with them to visit my parents, my grandfather that is almost 89, my brother that has two kids so the cousins could play together. He is a Canadian citizen (but he is of Russian origin), I am a permanent resident, 7,5 years living in Canada, my Citizenship is in process. Do I have chances to get the permission to go to my country if i go through the court case?
    That will be entirely up to the judge. A judge may or may not decide to grant permission to leave the country with the children. In similar cases where the other parent raises concerns and the court decides to grant the petition, it is conditioned upon the travelling parent posting sufficient bond to assure the child's return. $20,000 or more is not unusual. An amount sufficient to hire a private investigator, his travel and expenses to retrieve the child, these are factored in when a judge requires bond.

All you can do is try.

Comment

re: Travel permission with the kids - (Canada/ Russia)

I wish to inform you that court can allow you to take children to home country. You may show connection of children with Canada to show that children will return and importance of home country travel of children. As you intend to stay in Canada thus travel permission may be sought by you. Age of your grand father and relationship of child and great grandparents may be one of the arguments to show it is in best interest of child to go home country.

AFF

Comment

Re: Travel permission with the kids - (Canada/ Russia)

Generally, if you are legally permitted to take the children on an out-of-state vacation there shouldn’t be a problem. However, if there are any restrictions on travel in your order, you must file for modification of the court order immediately. Without more information regarding the order, it is impossible for me to give you more information.

Comment

Re: Travel permission with the kids - (Canada/ Russia)

Originally posted by Lexus View Post
          Generally, if you are legally permitted to take the children on an out-of-state vacation there shouldn’t be a problem. However, if there are any restrictions on travel in your order, you must file for modification of the court order immediately. Without more information regarding the order, it is impossible for me to give you more information.
          This is a request to take them out of the country. To Russia.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X