Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moving consequences

I plan on moving my child and myself out of the united states. Is there a possibility that her father can prevent that from happening. He isn't on her birth certificate, doesn't provide for her, doesn't have any custody or legal visiting rights. But is suppose to pay child support when he finds a job.

Re: moving consequences

If he's court ordered to pay support then paternity has been established. You will not be able to take the child abroad without court approval or approval of the father.

Comment

Why do I need approval when I have full custody?

Comment

To avoid potential parental kidnapping charges for taking the child out of the courts jurisdiction without permission.
        Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

So I have to worry about the court claiming I'm kidnapping my child even though he has no custody or legal visiting rights?

Comment

If I drop the child support case, do I have to still worry about that even though he doesn't do anything for our child and doesn't try to visit

Comment

Honestly you have not provided enough info to give any kind of in depth answer. Is the child a US citizen? Are you? Where do you want to take him/her? Why? What court orders are in effect? How often does dad exercise them? What is dads citizenship? Any other background you wish to share?

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Comment

We are all u.s citizens, my boyfriend is being deployed..we planned to marry and for my child and me to leave with him, only court order is that my child's father has to pay weekly, he doesn't do anything

Comment

You should seek permission from the court to relocate. You do not have a compelling reason in the childs best interests. Having Uncle Sugar foot the bill for your care because you have a bed buddy is not a great reason.

Comment

Firstly I have been the only person to take care of my child, I make sure and do all that is necessary so she has everything needed. With or without my military boyfriend wanting the best for my child and I. So how is taking her somewhere that will only benefit her not in her best interest versus staying in her hometown for a deadbeat who doesn't acknowledge her and who has never done anything for her. Who also admitted in court that he has never did anything for her

Comment

Because that is where her daddy is, not half way around the world.

Comment

Smh, I'll ask a real legal advisor or judge...it's obvious what her best interest is and it's not the sperm donor, it goes to the one who actually has been a responsible parent

Comment

Whom you need to ask is the court who has JURISDICTION over her.

YOU can fly off to Timbuktu but your child must remain until you get court approval. It is doubtful you would get as far as the plane anyway.

Comment

Annova - You really should schedule a consultation with a Family Attorney in your state to verify. If there is a child support order, I believe that means that paternity has been established at some point. Full Custody means that you have the child the majority of the time and he has visitation. So you probably are going to need his permission to move because of this. It would be difficult for him to exercise his visitation if the child is out of the country. Now if you had "Sole" Custody, meaning that you have the child the majority of the time and he does not have visitation rights, this may not be a problem. Trying to get a passport for your child without his permission is going to be difficult. So you will have to look into the guidelines for obtaining a passport for your child.

I totally understand your stance on this. Obviously if he's not doing anything for the child, i.e. not spending time, not helping to support, not present at all, then why should you stay? Unfortunately, what makes since to us is not necessarily the law.

Comment

Moving your child 1/2 way around the world for your boyfriend to go on a temporary duty assignment (deployment) is not in her best interest.....especially if you're not married.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                              x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X