Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does grandparent visitation come out of the mother or the fathers time?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does grandparent visitation come out of the mother or the fathers time?

My son is 4 months old his father and I are not together he gets visitation every other weekend. His mother is taking us to court for grandparent visitation rights now of she was to win since she is not my mother and I am not related to her would her visitation come out of her sons time and her son be the one responsible to provide her visitation with her grandson? I don't mind her seeing her grandson I just don't want it falling on me following two court ordered visitation schedules for my 4 month old son would be unfair. Thank you!

Re: Does grandparent visitation come out of the mother or the fathers time?

I wish to inform you that grandparent visitation may be scheduled from time of any parent and is regarded as independent of parents time. In this regard you may however argue that this time should be deducted from fathers time as it amounts to increase in fathers visitation time.

AFF

Comment

Very few states allow for grandparent visitation, under strict guidelines.

Since her son gets visitation she will be expected to see the child during those times - not taking away from your parenting time.

Comment

Originally posted by amberreger View Post
        My son is 4 months old his father and I are not together he gets visitation every other weekend. His mother is taking us to court for grandparent visitation rights now of she was to win since she is not my mother and I am not related to her would her visitation come out of her sons time and her son be the one responsible to provide her visitation with her grandson? I don't mind her seeing her grandson I just don't want it falling on me following two court ordered visitation schedules for my 4 month old son would be unfair. Thank you!
        IF the grandmother is awarded visitation, then the court gets to decide when the appropriate time is for those visits, and whether or not that time will overlap with any current time schedule for the visitation with the child's father. If the time would happen to overlap, whether or not you feel that it's fair, that's not a decision you get to make.
        "If it ain't in writing, it never happened."
        "A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
        "You can never make the same mistake twice, because the second time you make it, it's not a mistake, but a CHOICE."

Comment

grandma has no inherit rights to your son.

Comment

Very few rights have grandparent visitation allowed and then it is usually only when a relationship has been established. For the grandparent to take to court over an infant makes it highly unlikely she should prevail.

Were you and the father married? If not,the father will have to prove paternity,first. And then be granted visitation and ordered to pay support.

Further, each state has recommended visitation guidelines,the first few months in the mother's home -- the infant not taken outside for visitation with the other parent. Your family court should have a copy of the recommended schedule which you should get before you go to court.

Comment

Honestly, why SHOULDN'T the grandmother's visitation time, if granted, come out of her son's visitation time? That's when it should be taking place anyway - especially since you have no relationship with the grandmother.

In fact, if she has access to visitation with the child during the father's visitation time (assuming that she and her son are not estranged in any way), then why should she NOT be able to visit while he has the child? Why would she even need her own separate visitation time in the first place?
              "If it ain't in writing, it never happened."
              "A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
              "You can never make the same mistake twice, because the second time you make it, it's not a mistake, but a CHOICE."

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X