Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Child Support question (Disappointed dad)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child Support question (Disappointed dad)

If my 17 year old son has a drug arrest. Does this affect my child support order in the state of connecticut?

Re: Child Support question( Disappointed dad)

I wish to inform you that if your child is under arrest then this may not affect your child support because then other parent may be bearing litigation expense. Child custody may be taken by you and this may result in ending child support amount as you may act as custodial parent and further take steps to correct your child.

AFF

Comment

Originally posted by Kenjack55inct View Post
      If my 17 year old son has a drug arrest. Does this affect my child support order in the state of connecticut?
      No. Only if he is sentenced to be incarcerated past the end of your obligation would you be able to request termination.

Comment

Re: Child Support question (Disappointed dad)

Originally posted by Kenjack55inct View Post
        Your child's criminal background should not have any effect on a child support order, unless custody will be in question or his financial needs will be affected.

Are you the custodial parent, or the non-custodial parent currently paying the child support? How soon until the child's 18th birthday?

In Connecticut, child support terminates at 18. However, if the child is still in high school, unmarried, and still lives with one of the parents, support continues if the child is in need of maintenance until the child completes the 12th grade or turns 19, whichever comes first. Otherwise, courts will not compel post-secondary educational support unless there is a specific agreement between the parties.
        "If it ain't in writing, it never happened."
        "A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
        "You can never make the same mistake twice, because the second time you make it, it's not a mistake, but a CHOICE."

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X