Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP: ex is being charged with molesting my oldest child

I am in the middle of a criminal case where my ex is being charged with molesting my oldest child... He is now trying to get custody of our son and has already managed to get phone calls three days a week that I have to allow to comply with my daughters case. He has yet to enter a plea but he was arrested and is facing 6 charges. How do I stop him from getting any custody of my son??? I was told due to the charges he is facing he isn't supposed to be allowed any contact with any child under 18....

re: HELP: ex is being charged with molesting my oldest child

I wish to inform you that you can inform court about charges which other parent is facing and seek sole child custody. Court considers best interest of child as main consideration and in this regard allegations against father may not allow him to have child custody. You may thus inform court as to how best interest of child are with you. You may further seek no contact order against father so that father does not contact you.

AFF

Comment

re: HELP: ex is being charged with molesting my oldest child

Originally posted by Tired2015 View Post
      I am in the middle of a criminal case where my ex is being charged with molesting my oldest child... He is now trying to get custody of our son and has already managed to get phone calls three days a week that I have to allow to comply with my daughters case. He has yet to enter a plea but he was arrested and is facing 6 charges. How do I stop him from getting any custody of my son??? I was told due to the charges he is facing he isn't supposed to be allowed any contact with any child under 18....
      Who is telling you that he isn't allowed any contact with any child under 18?

What is the nature of the charges against him for crimes against your daughter? Is the daughter his child as well?
      "If it ain't in writing, it never happened."
      "A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
      "You can never make the same mistake twice, because the second time you make it, it's not a mistake, but a CHOICE."

Comment

Re: HELP: ex is being charged with molesting my oldest child

Social services and the investigator told me. Social services had me sign a statement saying I would keep the children away and the investigator said that with his crimes it was automatic after his arrest that he not be allowed around any children under 18. And my daughter is not his. He was going to adopt but we just had not saved enough money yet to proceed with that

Comment

The charges are inappropriate bahvaior with a minor,oh I'm sorry I can't remember the rest. There was touching and exposing himself also in their but can't quite remember the verbiage and I don't have a copy of the charges

Comment

Originally posted by Tired2015 View Post
            You are dealing with two different sections of the court system -- civil and criminal. Family law judges may not be apprised of pending criminal charges unless it is brought to their attention by pleadings in the civil case.

The family court needs to be apprised of the pending criminal charges so they can draft any orders with the appropriate cautions. It appears you have a pending case in family court if he is trying to get custody as you say. The court needs to be apprised of the pending charges.

Have you an attorney? If not, is the prosecutor aware of the pending custody matter? Can you approach the prosecutor to ask if they will intervene?

These are some of the steps that can and should be taken if you want to keep your ex from having contact with your child(ren).

Comment

Originally posted by Friend In Court View Post
              You are dealing with two different sections of the court system -- civil and criminal. Family law judges may not be apprised of pending criminal charges unless it is brought to their attention by pleadings in the civil case.

The family court needs to be apprised of the pending criminal charges so they can draft any orders with the appropriate cautions. It appears you have a pending case in family court if he is trying to get custody as you say. The court needs to be apprised of the pending charges.

Have you an attorney? If not, is the prosecutor aware of the pending custody matter? Can you approach the prosecutor to ask if they will intervene?

These are some of the steps that can and should be taken if you want to keep your ex from having contact with your child(ren).
              No I have spoken with one but because I had to leave everything and have no assets I can't get a lawyer to take my case... They have told me I have to come up with more money

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X