Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needs Father In Life

My parents are divorced. I am with My dad on weekends and on holidays on odd years except for fathers day in which I'm with him every year... I have read and memorized the divorce papers. I recently got in trouble in another county other then the one the divorce happened in and I go to school in this other county, and the judge had put me on house arrest, which I was originally put with my dad on house arrest. But I got in trouble and had to go back to court... when I went back I went with my Mother and the judge put me on house arrest with her, but not stating one time that I could not see my father still, .. She is refusing to let me see my father when i'm supposed to see him, also my dad never got any papers from the county, in which I got in trouble, stating against the original divorce papers.... Not letting me have my 2 phone calls a week with him as the divorce papers claim i'm supposed to have.. and My probation officer has said it was fine for me to have a phone... so me contacting my father should be no issue, although I have no phone, the divorce still states I get 2 phone calls a week to my Father, She has ignored his phone calls, given him no feedback on how I'm doing I just want to go to my dads again. I need him in my life. Especially right now... I am in east TN. I really need help with this. I'm 17 and i'll be 18 in a few months...

Re: Needs Father In Life

Originally posted by FreedomForMe View Post
    My parents are divorced. I am with My dad on weekends and on holidays on odd years except for fathers day in which I'm with him every year... I have read and memorized the divorce papers. I recently got in trouble in another county other then the one the divorce happened in and I go to school in this other county, and the judge had put me on house arrest, which I was originally put with my dad on house arrest. But I got in trouble and had to go back to court... when I went back I went with my Mother and the judge put me on house arrest with her, but not stating one time that I could not see my father still, .. She is refusing to let me see my father when i'm supposed to see him, also my dad never got any papers from the county, in which I got in trouble, stating against the original divorce papers.... Not letting me have my 2 phone calls a week with him as the divorce papers claim i'm supposed to have.. and My probation officer has said it was fine for me to have a phone... so me contacting my father should be no issue, although I have no phone, the divorce still states I get 2 phone calls a week to my Father, She has ignored his phone calls, given him no feedback on how I'm doing I just want to go to my dads again. I need him in my life. Especially right now... I am in east TN. I really need help with this.
    Unfortunately, all of this is not up to you. The details are between your mother and father.

If your mom isn't allowing your Dad access to you according to the court order, then it's up to your father to take the appropriate action with the courts to enforce the order. If he isn't doing so, then perhaps there have been additional orders issued of which you are unaware, or your father hasn't taken exception with not being able to see or speak to you. Either way, it's HIS responsibility to make sure that the order is enforced, and to bring the issue up with the judge if your mother is not following the current order as required.
    "If it ain't in writing, it never happened."
    "A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
    "You can never make the same mistake twice, because the second time you make it, it's not a mistake, but a CHOICE."

Comment

I'm 17 though. I'll be 18 in April. and He is taking legal action,as far as I know. Just want both of them to be in my life. It shouldn't have to come to this.

Comment

I'm 17 though. I'll be 18 in April. and He is taking legal action,as far as I know. Just want both of them to be in my life. It shouldn't have to come to this.
        If he's taking legal action, then all that can be done IS being done.

Depending on how the custody/visitation order is written, then what's going now may well be a moot point very shortly. The court may not even get a chance to hear any kind of motion for contempt until after you reach the age of majority, which for your state will be either age 18, or after you graduate from high school, whichever occurs first. Either way, the problem will be resolved very soon, and the courts will no longer have any say in whether or not you get to see your Dad.
        "If it ain't in writing, it never happened."
        "A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
        "You can never make the same mistake twice, because the second time you make it, it's not a mistake, but a CHOICE."

Comment

That's what I was thinking. I'm on probation though, and I don't graduate till' i'm 19. The state in which I reside is Tennessee. I didn't know if I could move out if I was still in school and on probation when i turn 18?

Comment

You are correct in that it should not have to come to this. Your father should not be forced to take legal action to see you.

In a few months you should be able to make your own decision regarding seeing your father.

Comment

You are on house arrest and you are a minor. The judge ordered the house arrest to be with your mother. You cannot leave that home to see your father. Criminal court judges can indeed issue orders that supersede family court orders (house arrest, restraining orders, etc)

There may be something in there that ordered contact from the father be terminated. You do not know this for certain.

However, this predicament is not the fault of your mother or father, but you. Only you created the situation that resulted in the house arrest. While you are still legally a minor, at 17, you are old enough to make smart choices and not get into trouble... twice.

If you have no contact with your father, how do you know he is taking legal action?

If he is not, he may have his reasons for doing so.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X