Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CUSTODY: do I have to get my kids back to their dad?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CUSTODY: do I have to get my kids back to their dad?

If both parents have joint custody of the kids and the one that has physical custody is locked up for short period of time do I have to get my kids back to their dad

re: CUSTODY: do I have to get my kids back to their dad?

I wish to inform you that as the custodial parent is locked up for a short time, then the custodial parent may give temporary custody of the child to a relative or a friend by signing the Caregiver's Authorization Affidavit. The document has to be notarized. However, kindly note that the document is not a Court Order and does not give legal custody of the child to the caregiver.

AFF

Comment

so if I have joint custody with the father I can't just keep them? But he has physical

Comment

Not if he has appointed a temporary custodian and your order does not address the issue.

Originally posted by clrofhd View Post
        so if I have joint custody with the father I can't just keep them? But he has physical
        Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Re: CUSTODY: do I have to get my kids back to their dad?

Originally posted by clrofhd View Post
          If both parents have joint custody of the kids and the one that has physical custody is locked up for short period of time do I have to get my kids back to their dad
          Depends upon how long. And whether you have made adequate arrangements for the children's care in the interim. Keeping the household stable is important to children. But if the period of time is going to be extended, the father has every right to petition to have the children with him.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X