Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• custody question

my son was removed from his mother's custody by children's aid and placed into temp care. I went to court and won full custody, the court order state that his mother has access under my discretion as to place, time, duration and supervision. I've never denied her coming here to see him but she recently sent me a registered letter stating that she wants to see him and that I may reply by a certain date. do i need to cooperate. she has only seen him 3 times in the last 3 1/2 years only because I drove 4 hours there and back with the promise of being reimbursed for the fuel cost and only getting 20$. I'm worried

Re: custody question

Presumably, you can ask her under what terms she wishes to see the child and agree, disagree or negotiate. I would opt for the supervised part, hands down.
    his mother has access under my discretion as to place, time, duration and supervision
    Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott2379 View Post
      my son was removed from his mother's custody by children's aid and placed into temp care. I went to court and won full custody, the court order state that his mother has access under my discretion as to place, time, duration and supervision. I've never denied her coming here to see him but she recently sent me a registered letter stating that she wants to see him and that I may reply by a certain date. do i need to cooperate. she has only seen him 3 times in the last 3 1/2 years only because I drove 4 hours there and back with the promise of being reimbursed for the fuel cost and only getting 20$. I'm worried
      If she wants to see him so badly, make her come to YOU. She will end up footing the bill for the cost to visit, so you won't have to pay anything. While the court order says you have to allow her access, it doesn't say that you have to provide the transportation to facilitate the visit.

You can also set the terms - and I would agree that she should NOT be allowed unsupervised access at this point. She simply hasn't earned that right, given her extremely limited visits in the last 3-1/2 years to warrant that yet.
      "If it ain't in writing, it never happened."
      "A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
      "You can never make the same mistake twice, because the second time you make it, it's not a mistake, but a CHOICE."

Comment

I appreciate your input but there are other factors in my decision.she got married and had another baby. I'm worried that she might lose that child like her other two,and I don't want my son to go through the disappointment of loosing another brother

Comment

I appreciate your input but there are other factors in my decision.she got married and had another baby. I'm worried that she might lose that child like her other two,and I don't want my son to go through the disappointment of loosing another brother
          The court gave you one order. Safely facilitate visitation. You can make her drive to you for a few hours of supervised visitation. That is within your jurisdiction. Do not grant visitation at all and she will file for contempt and full custody. Likely the master plan.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Comment

Thanks for the replies I have never denied her access. I have always told her she is welcome to come here to see him but she has never bothered to come. Do I have to force him to talk to her on the phone, he is six and when I ask him if he wants to call mom he always says tomorrow?

Comment

Nope. If she calls and wants to talk however, allow it within reason.

Thanks for the replies I have never denied her access. I have always told her she is welcome to come here to see him but she has never bothered to come. Do I have to force him to talk to her on the phone, he is six and when I ask him if he wants to call mom he always says tomorrow?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
              x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X