Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do i as a mother have more rights to my lg than her father

relationship breakdown between myself and my daughters father. He is on birth certificate. His mother removed my daughter (16 months old) from my care in the middle of the night and he then asked me to leave the family home as tenancy is in his name. For the past 3 weeks, I have made numerous attempts to make contact on which they have refused. we finally arranged for me to see my daughter today for the first time in 3 weeks but late last night they changed their mind. What rights do I have as her mother to take my daughter back into my care without a court order?

Re: do i as a mother have more rights to my lg than her father

I wish to inform you that you may work out a Parental Responsibility Agreement or Parental Responsibility Order with the father of the child. If it is not possible to resolve matters through mediation then you may have a Contact Order through the local Family Court.

AFF

Comment

You have an absolute right to your child since you are the mother. The meddling father's mother has no rights whatsoever to withhold her from you. Parental interference is what she is doing.

Contact a constable, tell them what is going on, and get a peace officer to attend with you so you may pick up your child.

Comment

Originally posted by AFFA View Post
        I wish to inform you that you may work out a Parental Responsibility Agreement or Parental Responsibility Order with the father of the child. If it is not possible to resolve matters through mediation then you may have a Contact Order through the local Family Court.

AFF
        There is no indication whatsoever that the father established any rights to the child at all. He has no right whatsoever to withhold the child from the mother, much less his mother -- paternal grandmother -- maybe.

A mother does not have to "mediate" to get her child from someone who has no established legal right whatsoever.

I disagree strongly with this reply.

Comment

Originally posted by littlelegs View Post
          relationship breakdown between myself and my daughters father. He is on birth certificate. His mother removed my daughter (16 months old) from my care in the middle of the night and he then asked me to leave the family home as tenancy is in his name. For the past 3 weeks, I have made numerous attempts to make contact on which they have refused. we finally arranged for me to see my daughter today for the first time in 3 weeks but late last night they changed their mind. What rights do I have as her mother to take my daughter back into my care without a court order?
          grandma should face criminal charges for taking the child without mom's permission. either custodial interference or kidnapping. she had no right to take someone's else child period

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X