Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Living in separate states - NY/ FL

If the payee lives in New York State and the Child who is 4 lives in Florida what state law would be followed regarding the percentage of child support needed. Today we were told that it has been chaged to the State that the payee lives in. Is this correct and if so can you please direct me to a web pages that states this. Thank you. The sooner the better.

re: Living in separate states - NY/ FL

Originally posted by rasipoo View Post
    If the payee lives in New York State and the Child who is 4 lives in Florida what state law would be followed regarding the percentage of child support needed. Today we were told that it has been chaged to the State that the payee lives in. Is this correct and if so can you please direct me to a web pages that states this. Thank you. The sooner the better.
    In what state was the order originally issued?
    "If it ain't in writing, it never happened."
    "A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
    "You can never make the same mistake twice, because the second time you make it, it's not a mistake, but a CHOICE."

Comment

re: Living in separate states - NY/ FL

I wish to inform you that the court which issued the child support order will have jurisdiction in the matter. A petition can be filed in this court for transfer to another court and for modification of child support The child support can only be modified by the order of the court. The court always keeps in view the best interests of the child and the changed financial or other circumstances of the parents. The court will consider all the facts and decide the matter.

AFF

Comment

Re: Living in separate states - NY/ FL

Why is the child in FL, not NY with the payee? If someone other than a parent has physical custody they should be filing for the support.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X