Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to know what I can do to get custody over my 6 year old

I left my husband 3years ago. Well my ex husband doesn't let me see my 6 year old kid. He lets me see him once in a while. He took him away from me. I want to know if I have a chance to get custody for my child. I wasn't married I was living with him for seven years

re: Want to know what I can do to get custody over my 6 year old

Are your husband and child in Mexico? If so, you need to pursue this in Mexican court.
    Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Originally posted by 2tonyderek View Post
      I left my husband 3years ago. Well my ex husband doesn't let me see my 6 year old kid. He lets me see him once in a while. He took him away from me. I want to know if I have a chance to get custody for my child. I wasn't married I was living with him for seven years
      You will need to see a family law attorney in Mexico and give all the facts surrouding the situation -- how you came to leave the child with him 3 years ago. Any contacts you have had with the child, what you know of how the child is being cared for now, etc.

Only a lawyer familiar with the facs and family law and practice in Mexico can be of meaningful help to you at this point in time.

Comment

Well I don't live in Mexico am in the CA. Well me an my ec husband decided to split my child. So he was spending time with both of us. My ex husband found out I had a boyfriend. So he decides it wasn't right for my child to be with someone else. So he stop letting him come over to my house. I would go to his house an he wasn't never home because he knew I was gping over to look for my son. He would open the door. He even kick my car so I would leave. So I stop looking for my child since I didn't want my child to see that we we

Comment

That we were arguing all the time. But my child was still coming to visit. I want to know if there is a chance that I can get joint custody?

Comment

No my child and my ex husband are in CA

Comment

Yes, there is SOME possibility of gaining some measure of custody, but it's going to take some work on your behalf.

First of all, as a married couple, both you and the husband had equal rights to the child. Did you ever file for divorce? If so, you would have had to document the existence of the child in the marriage, and the court SHOULD have dealt with custody and visitation at the time your divorce was finalized (maybe even before, if so requested). What did the divorce papers say about custody and visitation between the two of you?

Given the situation, and that you've had NO visitation for some time, you'll also end up having to prove that you made the effort to see the child and didn't just abandon them.

Either way, you're going to need a good attorney to sort out this mess.
              "If it ain't in writing, it never happened."
              "A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
              "You can never make the same mistake twice, because the second time you make it, it's not a mistake, but a CHOICE."

Comment

Well I was never married. I just lived with him for seven years. I have two children with him. My 9 year old is with me an my 6 year old is with him. I have proof that I see him and spend time with him.

Comment

I meet him since I was 15 and he was 19

Comment

You should review online examples of visitation agreements that exist for your living circumstances. For example if you are living close to dad and the child, 50/50 custody of mutual children is reasonable. You should also have support orders in place for both children.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Comment

So there is chances for joint custody. Even though my child has been living with him for the pass 3 years?

Comment

Re: Want to know what I can do to get custody over my 6 year old

Yes, since you have actively been seeing the child over the years. It will likely be mutually assigned to both children.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                        x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X