Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Germany-Canada child support payments

My children and I live in Germany and my ex husband in Toronto. He refuses to pay regular and sufficient child maintenance. Heidelberg (DIJUF) in Germany and FRO in Toronto are involved but to no avail. He has debts in child maintenance of 62,500 CAD has twice sold houses for 600,000CAD and no pressure has been put on him to either pay his debts or increase his child maintenance payments. Are there any other routes I can take to enforce this as this has taken a long 6 years!
    Thankyou for any help and advice

Re: Germany-Canada child support payments

The initials "FRO" stand for?????

Comment

I wish to inform you that you may file for enforcement of your child support order in a Canadian court. Generally, the German child support order will be enforced by the court in Canada under the principle of comity. The court always considers the best interests of the child. You may place all the facts before the court. You may appoint a lawyer or self represent. You may download all the forms and mail them to the court and the other party. You may request the court for hearing by telephone. The court will consider all the facts and decide the matter.

AFF

Comment

Originally posted by Michfra View Post
        My children and I live in Germany and my ex husband in Toronto. He refuses to pay regular and sufficient child maintenance. Heidelberg (DIJUF) in Germany and FRO in Toronto are involved but to no avail. He has debts in child maintenance of 62,500 CAD has twice sold houses for 600,000CAD and no pressure has been put on him to either pay his debts or increase his child maintenance payments. Are there any other routes I can take to enforce this as this has taken a long 6 years!
        Thankyou for any help and advice

If you have assigned collection rights to another agency, then you have to pressure them. I asked what the initials FRO stand for, and an answer to that would be helpful.

Generally speaking, once you have a judgment of default -- not just a calculation but a court judgment finding one in default -- then you can collect internationally, like this one. The judgment must be transcribed into English (or French as may be the case, either of Canada's official languages) and then registered with the court of the province in which the judgment debtor lives or has property.

If you supplement your answer with a bit more history, such as whether or not the German court has issued a judgment of default/delinquency that would be helpful to answer your question.

Comment

Thankyou so much for your replies. FRO is the Family Responsibility Office in Toronto, they do have all the necessary paperwork ie. Copy of German court order and the Title running against my ex for the child support. He tried to appeal in the Canadian courts, to pay less or no support and that was denied. Hovever, he subsequently gave up work so he wouldn't have to pay more than the minimum but he does what he wants and sometimes the boys are lucky to receive 60 euros each. Our boys visit him once a year and are quite rightfully annoyed when they see him buying and selling property for 600,000cad but cannot/will not help them financially, whether as child support OR help in financing courses or apprenticeships. The "wheels" tend to turn very slowly (3 yrs Germany, 4 years Canada) and I was just wondering if there were any other possibilities.
          Again, thankyou so much for your replies.

Comment

Originally posted by Michfra View Post
            Thankyou so much for your replies. FRO is the Family Responsibility Office in Toronto, they do have all the necessary paperwork ie. Copy of German court order and the Title running against my ex for the child support. He tried to appeal in the Canadian courts, to pay less or no support and that was denied. Hovever, he subsequently gave up work so he wouldn't have to pay more than the minimum but he does what he wants and sometimes the boys are lucky to receive 60 euros each. Our boys visit him once a year and are quite rightfully annoyed when they see him buying and selling property for 600,000cad but cannot/will not help them financially, whether as child support OR help in financing courses or apprenticeships. The "wheels" tend to turn very slowly (3 yrs Germany, 4 years Canada) and I was just wondering if there were any other possibilities.
            Again, thankyou so much for your replies.
            The only other things I can think of are patently illegal.

Comment

Thought as much ;0) I appreciate you taking the time to read my post. Thanks again.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
              x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X