Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shared parenting OHIO

I want to try to get an agreement for shared parenting, we live in hamilton county, , if we did the 2 days a week/rotate each weekend (agreement) if i work second shift how would that work? Could I keep her during the day and then find a sitter for the night while I am at work? My wife would be home with my other children. Is it the same since my ex has a sitter during the day and then has her at night? My schedule changes every quarter so I might be able to be with her in the evenings depending on my work schedule I just want more time with her! thanks,

Re: shared parenting OHIO

I wish to inform you that at first you may speak to the other parent and see if a new custody arrangement can be worked by consent and then get it registered with the court. Otherwise, you may file a petition to modify the child custody. The court always considers the best interests of the child, therefore, you will need to show to the court why it is in the best interests of the child to follow the new arrangement proposed by you. The court will consider all the facts and decide the matter.

AFF

Comment

Originally posted by consused View Post
      I want to try to get an agreement for shared parenting, we live in hamilton county, , if we did the 2 days a week/rotate each weekend (agreement) if i work second shift how would that work? Could I keep her during the day and then find a sitter for the night while I am at work? My wife would be home with my other children. Is it the same since my ex has a sitter during the day and then has her at night? My schedule changes every quarter so I might be able to be with her in the evenings depending on my work schedule I just want more time with her! thanks,
      Work it out with the mother is my recommendation. If she is opposed to leaving your child with your wife, there are sitters involved, shifting schedules -- if you two put your heads together and work out something it is far better than a stranger trying to suggest -- who is not in either of your shoes.

It is what you two parents work out that is agreeable to you, works for your child, that counts and no one else's opinion.

Comment

ive tried working it out, she said she cant believe i would try to take her from her, even though im just trying to get more time with her.. and that she will fight till the end before i get any more time,

Comment

Originally posted by consused View Post
          ive tried working it out, she said she cant believe i would try to take her from her, even though im just trying to get more time with her.. and that she will fight till the end before i get any more time,
          Then get a copy of your state's visitation schedule, in addition to a model parenting plan. Getting time with her when you work swing shift is not time with her when you want your child to be with the stepmother. You have to resign yourself to time with her when both of you are awake and present. And work out a proposed schedule on that basis.

Comment

Make sure to plan your court visit, so it works through the time child is attending school. Also have your request reflect visitation and transportation if either of you moves also that they must have court permission. Remember holidays and summer vacation. Otherwise, you will keep going back. I suspect moms next move will be over the line into KY.
            Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

she has a fiance who doesnt like me, ever since they got engaged the whole custody thing got out of hand, they have been talking about going for full custody of my daughter since she is 8 years old will the court let her decide who she wants to live with?

Comment

The court will make decisions based on what they feel are in the childs best interests. They generally will not change the status quo. As I said, moms next move will likely be into KY. You can certainly request joint custody.
                Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X