Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alabama-child support garnishment

My ex son-in-law is in contempt of court for not paying his child support. A support withholding order was never accomplished following the divorce because they told us his VA disability pay was not garnishable. However, the attorney had my daughter do all the research for where to file the withholding, and I am not sure it was actually processed accurately. However now due to the fact that he has never paid any of this court ordered child support for 18 months can those disability wages be garnished?

Re: Alabama-child support garnishment

Here are the parameters.

Department of Veterans Affairs | Office of Child Support Enforcement | Administration for Children and Families
    Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Re: Alabama-child support garnishment

I wish to inform you that payments for service connected disability may not be garnished. However, your son-in-law's disposable retired pay is subject to garnishment for child support and can be retroactive.

AFF

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X