USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moving out of state... Can I be required to move back?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving out of state... Can I be required to move back?

Florida- I am still married but separated from my husband, we have one child together, can I move out of state with my child while I am still married to him? He has no contact with our child and does not pay child support. And, what can he do legally if he finds out we are out of state, can I be required to move back?

re: Moving out of state... Can I be required to move back?

I wish to inform you that father can file charges for parental kidnapping. In this regard you can take consent of father or a court order. Child support is different matter from child visitation. If father is not in contact and does not pay child support then you can file petition for termination of paternal rights after which you are free to move with the child.

AFF

Comment

Re: Moving out of state... Can I be required to move back?

Originally posted by maramullins View Post
      Florida- I am still married but separated from my husband, we have one child together, can I move out of state with my child while I am still married to him? He has no contact with our child and does not pay child support. And, what can he do legally if he finds out we are out of state, can I be required to move back?
      Yes. Parental kidnapping is what the applicable law would be. Authorities, even federal could pick you up and charge you. And bring you back, even before a civil judge orders it. Parental kidnapping is a crime.

You need to file for legal separation, custody of the chld with you, for support. Or for divorce. Custody matters need to be brought in the child's home state -- which in this case where the children are residing now. In order to bring a custody matter in another state the child has to have been residing there for at least six months. The Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction Enforcement Act is the applicable law, adopted by all the states.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X