Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notarized document

A month ago my baby girl was born outside of the US, in a country where I’m currently residing at.
    Me and her father split half way through the pregnancy (we’re not married) and I moved to my home country and gave birth there.
    He wants me to come with the baby for a month and a half to the US, and says he’ll sign a document and have it notarized that we can go back at any time and he will not stop her from leaving the US.
    I wanted to ask whether a notarization is enough, and whether I could still have problems leaving the country with my baby after a month and a half, given that we’ll issue her a US passport stating he’s the father.

Notarization doesn't guarantee that he will perform as promised. Notarization only says that the signature on the document was made by the person identified by the notary.

I suggest you consult a family law attorney in the city where he resides in the US and find out what he might or might not do before you take the risk of bringing your baby to the US.

Comment

Don't do it. I wouldn't do it. Maybe that's the pessimist in me but I would not trust the guy to not be trying to have stuff set up that he will take your kid.

What document is he signing? Idk it sounds a bit sketchy to me.

Comment

Originally posted by sliver04_14 View Post
        Don't do it. I wouldn't do it. Maybe that's the pessimist in me but I would not trust the guy to not be trying to have stuff set up that he will take your kid.

What document is he signing? Idk it sounds a bit sketchy to me.
        yeah I have to say I agree with you on that, if I were in that situation I would want reputable lawyers involved on both sides to make sure that what is occurring is indeed legal and enforceable and reflects what the parties really want

Comment

My sister had a terrible problem with her child after a visit down to Mexico and it took three years to finally get it all resolved

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x

the color of a lemon is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)