USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help with child support case (canada ont)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with child support case (canada ont)

My bfs ex is going against a verbal agreement on child suport and is taking him to the court. She lied on all the paper work saying she moved in with him when she was 13 and really did not move in till she was almost 17 as he was not even out of his moms home and still in school when she was 13. We have proof on that and the fact she kicked out her 4&5 year old with him dispite she said he never had them since she kicked him (she put he left) also put he gave her nothing after but he kept recits snd some texs from when he gave her money.

So basicly will the judge go on with this case dispite she is on welfare on purpose(does not want to work) and lied on the paper work saying it happened back when we were kids that she moved in.

Should we get a lawyer? He does not mind paying the child suport but the lies and the way she went around it is not right and makes him seem like a bad father....and may cost him more then it should. Oh and she is doing this 6 months befor the devorce only because I got in the picture I think as she had her friend give him the papers once she found out he was moving on.

Another reason I am asking is the paper states no lawyer needed unless he is fighting not to pay. Yet like I stated above he is willing to pay, but wants the judge to hear him out on the wrong dates etc

Re: help with child support case (canada ont)

I wish to inform you that every Canadian has a right to self represent himself or herself in the court. Your bf may appoint a lawyer or self represent and place his point of view in the matter before the judge. He may provide proof about the wrong statements made by the ex. The court always considers the best interests of the child. The court may also seek the opinion of the child in the matter. Your bf may provide evidence from his friends and relatives to bring out the correct picture to the court. The court will consider all the facts and decide the matter.

AFF

Comment

The papers did not state that overly and we were told differnt. I will most deffently tell him what you have told me. Mainly we were told we only need to act if he refuses to pay a dime and that the court wont do a whole lot for him as he was not the one to file all this.

Thanks for the information. I will be sure on telling hom this

Comment

Originally posted by tethys View Post
        My bfs ex is going against a verbal agreement on child suport and is taking him to the court. She lied on all the paper work saying she moved in with him when she was 13 and really did not move in till she was almost 17 as he was not even out of his moms home and still in school when she was 13. We have proof on that and the fact she kicked out her 4&5 year old with him dispite she said he never had them since she kicked him (she put he left) also put he gave her nothing after but he kept recits snd some texs from when he gave her money.

So basicly will the judge go on with this case dispite she is on welfare on purpose(does not want to work) and lied on the paper work saying it happened back when we were kids that she moved in.

Should we get a lawyer? He does not mind paying the child suport but the lies and the way she went around it is not right and makes him seem like a bad father....and may cost him more then it should. Oh and she is doing this 6 months befor the devorce only because I got in the picture I think as she had her friend give him the papers once she found out he was moving on.

Another reason I am asking is the paper states no lawyer needed unless he is fighting not to pay. Yet like I stated above he is willing to pay, but wants the judge to hear him out on the wrong dates etc
        First, it is always best to have an attorney represent one who knows the law, what the court needs to see and can make the briefest, best representation of one's case. That being said, he will need to produce some evidence if he is going to contest the dates are off.

Support is based upon the schedules for the province, so that will be the guidelines used. The support schedules can be found online, if that is helpful to him.

Comment

Well proof is me. My bf now and I were highschool sweethearts. We have school records and prom pictures not to mention back then he was living at home. Hell we did not even know his ex till she took advantage of him when he was drunk and passed out after our brake up but thats another story. Only stuck with her for the babys sake.

Lest I know now the courts are not as stuck up and listens.

Comment

He will have to refute the allegations. Also, support and custody orders can always be modified. The Court is bound to take whatever action is in the present best interest of the child. He needs to provide clear convincing evidence to the court about every disputed statement. Further, he has an absolute right to secure legal counsel. An attorney can help him learn how to document the facts needed in this case. Therefore, i would recommend retaining an attorney in this case.

Comment

Well proof is me. My bf now and I were highschool sweethearts. We have school records and prom pictures not to mention back then he was living at home. Hell we did not even know his ex till she took advantage of him when he was drunk and passed out after our brake up but thats another story. Only stuck with her for the babys sake.

Your boyfriend is looking at a formal order for child support. Forget the verbal agreements. His relationship with you is immaterial to the issue of the child he fathered and supporting that child.

Comment

im sorry but this really isnt your legal business-this is between your bf and his ex.you are not a party to anything concering your boyfriend's child/ren. even if you get married

Comment

Actually your wrong there messyjessi. I am a part of it as it does concern me and you do not know all the facts in this case. Nor will you so go piss off instead of being usless and posting BS. Lol your post shows you don't know a whole lot

To everyone else ty for the information. I have made an appt for US to talk to a lawyer and have gone over things with him. What kind of gf would I be if I did not help him when I can and post for help when he asks ;-)

Comment

Whether the two of you were high school sweethearts, have prom pictures, etc. is totally immaterial to his obligation to support the child he fathered. As to his fathering a child while he was passed out -- if you believe that, well....

You will need to separate your feelings for him, the story he has told you from the hard reality that he fathered a child. And will have to meet his obligations to support the child. For 18 years.

Comment

Actually your wrong there messyjessi. I am a part of it as it does concern me and you do not know all the facts in this case. Nor will you so go piss off instead of being usless and posting BS. Lol your post shows you don't know a whole lot

To everyone else ty for the information. I have made an appt for US to talk to a lawyer and have gone over things with him. What kind of gf would I be if I did not help him when I can and post for help when he asks ;-)
                      you are a legal stranger to this child. not the mother. your help is going to cause dad problems. as i said this is strictly between dad and his ex the child's parents. and you are not one of them.

Comment

You guys really dont listen. I said he is willing to pay child suport but she is putting the dates way before the actual dates it all happened there us as highschool sweethearts, pics and dates are related to this case as evidents she was not with him then when she saidhe was. Case is more then just child suport. Like I said befor you alk dont know all the details. As for me beliving him, I was around him then and pretty bad when her(ex) family says the same thing of how it happenrd as well so ya and a few extra things as well goes along this but thats not the question I asked so what you stated is not even useful.

Wont be replying again to this as I have already done some of the advice.

Remember all details in this case is not stated. Only the what to do about the wrong dates and a few other things. Now ty and bye

Ps ignored anything you say messyjessi as I dont care
                        :-D :-)

Comment

Up dating this and stating me and my bf in a way won. Lol the judge had the exs paper work sheaded before her and then chewed her out for how she went about everything.

Lol I said he was willing to pay child suport but she wanted more then he could aford and a lot of other things like pay all her fees etc. So now she gets less then she demanded ...but still enough for the kids which is good as long as she uses it on them and not what she does with the 1k baby bounus from the gov as she uses it all on herself to cover herself in tats and her own amusement.

Also its joint costody ^^

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                          x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X