Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCSS and request for review of child support

Will DCSS consider initiating a review of child support 10 months before the child ages out? I am the NCP and with issues of short staffing and heavy case loads for the case workers I want to allow enough time to complete the review.

How would strangers on the internet know what any DCSS would or would not do.

Call them up and ask.

Comment

It can't hurt to file it. The worst that can happen is that they tell you it will be delayed a bit.
      But calling them first indeed might save you some work and time.

Comment

I did call and of course nothing moves along at a decent pace. Getting a hold of ANYONE at DCSS is a challenge in itself. My question was posted in the event ANYONE may have filed more than 6 months and had a review that went through or if it was rejected due to it being file more than 6 months before the child ages out. I have “ future pay “ ( overpayment ) applied to my case and do not want to pay anymore than necessary.

Comment

The odds of any early review, especially now, are very limited.
          If they do not explicitly tell you they will do so, then don't waste your time now--though you can prepare your documents etc.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)