Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I Still Be Paying Her??

Do I still have to pay child support? Some facts are below.

1) My ex (never married to her) never has a job and neither does her husband!! They are always figuring out ways to play the system or screw people over. I know people they've done this too.
    2) My daughter lives with me and stays with her grandma, while going to grade 12. She has been doing so since September. She will stay with us, until University (that I'm going to pay for).
    3) My daughter has a job, that she's does great at, while going to school and being on the honor roll to boot.
    4) My ex has had little interest in even contacting my daughter lately to top it all off. Unless she wants money. Pretty sad really!

Am told by many. That I should not be still paying child support. As I have for many years and never once missed. We never did this arrangement through the courts. But has been ok until now. I'm tired of giving these low life's money. That's never is used for my daughter!!

Please give me some direction!!

Re: Should I Still Be Paying Her??

I wish to inform you that if there is any child support order from court then you will require a court order that you should not pay child support. You can file a motion in court that as child lives with you and you are paying expense of child thus child support must be stopped. Purpose of child support is to meet expenses of child and thus if mother is not having child so you can have modification of court order. If there is no child support order from court then you can stop child support at any time.

AFF

Comment

If the child is no longer living with her mother, then the mother should not be receiving the child support. Go back to court and ask that the order be terminated or modified.
      "If it ain't in writing, it never happened."
      "A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
      "You can never make the same mistake twice, because the second time you make it, it's not a mistake, but a CHOICE."

Comment

How should I tell her that I'm no longer paying her? As my daughter hasnkt been with her and there is nothing through the courts.

Comment

Originally posted by DED View Post
          How should I tell her that I'm no longer paying her? As my daughter hasnkt been with her and there is nothing through the courts.
          If there's no court order stating you must pay, then you have absolutely NO legal obligation to pay - and you never did.

Just stop paying. If she has a fit about it, let her go and try to obtain a court order for support. She'll have a fun time trying to do that if she can't prove that the child lives with her.
          "If it ain't in writing, it never happened."
          "A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
          "You can never make the same mistake twice, because the second time you make it, it's not a mistake, but a CHOICE."

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X