Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filing out a contempt of court order for New York

Hello!!! I need help in filing out a contempt of court order for New York, Ex never paid the court ordered spousal retirement and then quit paying the child support. I need help so that I can take him back to court for this violation and I can recieve the back monies owed me and our daughter. I live in North Carolina and as I last knew he lived in New York any and all help would be appreciated as I cannot afford an attorney and the child support enforcement was unable to help!!! Thank you in advance!!!

re: Filing out a contempt of court order for New York

Is the court order he is in contempt of from NY? It has to be filed in the same place.

Comment

Yes the court order he is in contempt of is New York, Thank you!

Comment

You can file a motion for an Order to Show Cause why he should be held in contempt. You will need his address to have him served.

Comment

Re: Filing out a contempt of court order for New York

You do not have to file in NY, exactly. There are federal laws that allow you to file from North Carolina. You don't file in your local court, but from your local court.

This link explains it a little bit and has some good info and other links that may be useful to you:
          NY City Family Court -- Support FAQs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X