Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitation Procedures - Arizona

Arizona - I currently live 15 minutes from my children, but will soon be 45 minutes away. I have joint custody. My ex-wife is not wishing to to do any of the transporting of the children with the longer distance. What are common procedures when one parent decides to move further away regarding pick up/drop off of children for visitation?

re: Visitation Procedures - Arizona

Originally posted by hb24601 View Post
    Arizona - I currently live 15 minutes from my children, but will soon be 45 minutes away. I have joint custody. My ex-wife is not wishing to to do any of the transporting of the children with the longer distance. What are common procedures when one parent decides to move further away regarding pick up/drop off of children for visitation?
    The common procedure is that the parent who creates the distance most often pays for the additional transportation costs, to or from or both, in order to facilitate the visitation.

What does your court order say with regards to transportation now?

It's an extra half-hour. Surely your kids are worth the extra time and expense of paying to see them?
    "If it ain't in writing, it never happened."
    "A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
    "You can never make the same mistake twice, because the second time you make it, it's not a mistake, but a CHOICE."

Comment

Re: Visitation Procedures - Arizona

Originally posted by hb24601 View Post
      The procedure is the parent who moves absorbs the costs and time, maintaining the same schedule unless the distance necessitates change. In such a case, commonly the schedule is changed so there are less frequent but longer visits.

Much depends upon the age of the children, their school and activities schedules and common sense with the children's interests first and foremost.

Comment

Re: Visitation Procedures - Arizona

If you have joint custody, you will need either written permission from the other parent, or a court order approving the move. The court may then allocate how transportation costs will be paid and modify visitation schedules to ensure that the other parent doesn't lose time with the child. Further, the court can also order you to pay for all travel cost associated with the additional travel, or that the parties split the costs equally. The court will always make a ruling based on the best interest of the child. So, hire an attorney to assist you.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X