USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MN-Child Support: What percent of my income do I need pay?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MN-Child Support: What percent of my income do I need pay?

Child support. We have equal custody and the x took him to another state a couple years ago without permission. What percent of my income do I need pay for child support? Also, would she need go back to divorce state (MN) to file a hearing to get what she wants?

What about travel? Shouldn't she pay now for me to see child?

Currently pay 25% of take home pay.
    Thanks
    JustDan

re: MN-Child Support: What percent of my income do I need pay?

I wish to inform you that you may file a petition in the court in MN for contempt of court and modification of child support and child custody order as it has continuing jurisdiction in the matter. You may inform the court that the child was moved to another state without your permission or permission from the court. You may also inform the court that by moving the child out of state, additional financial burden has been cast upon you during visitation. The court always considers the best interests of the child. The court will consider all the facts and decide the matter.

AFF

Comment

re: MN-Child Support: What percent of my income do I need pay?

What happened when you filed contempt? How long ago did they move and how old is kiddo now?

MN child support is calculated using both parties wages and parenting time, among other things.

The child's residence determines jurisdiction so the case would be heard wherever that is - it will need to be transferred.

Comment

Re: MN-Child Support: What percent of my income do I need pay?

Originally posted by goddessoflubboc View Post
        The child's residence determines jurisdiction so the case would be heard wherever that is - it will need to be transferred.
        Not if the child was moved illegally without the other parents permission.

You need to learn how to read the posts before you comment. It really makes a world of difference if you did.

Child Support: For The Best Interest Of The Baby Mama

Alimony.......Because he wasn't good enough for you, but his money is.

Women Who Can't Feed Their Children Are Rewarded With Government Handouts.
        Men Who Can't Feed Their Children Are Sent To Jail.

Paying Child Support For 18 Years: Up to $250,000.00 Plus
        Getting A Vasectomy: About $500.00
        Shooting blanks to Keep your money yours: Priceless

Comment

A "few years ago" is very inexact. If OP took no action (filing contempt request) then laches may apply. He allowed it to be, so it is.

Until we hear back from OP on these things more clarity isn't possible.

Comment

Originally posted by goddessoflubboc View Post
            A "few years ago" is very inexact. If OP took no action (filing contempt request) then laches may apply. He allowed it to be, so it is.

Until we hear back from OP on these things more clarity isn't possible.
            So my friend Bob is in the clear with the dept. Of revenue Child Support enforcement division because he stopped paying child support "a few years ago" and his ex took no action (filing contempt request). So I will let him know that you state that since his ex didn't take action when he stopped paying, he is in the clear.

Now, doesn't that sound silly also?

Do you make this stuff up as you go along?

Don't you understand this is a serious child kidnapping incident?

I'll bet if the father took the kid out of the area without mom's permission, you would tell mom to file kidnapping charges against the father, huh?

Child Support: For The Best Interest Of The Baby Mama

Alimony.......Because he wasn't good enough for you, but his money is.

Women Who Can't Feed Their Children Are Rewarded With Government Handouts.
            Men Who Can't Feed Their Children Are Sent To Jail.

Paying Child Support For 18 Years: Up to $250,000.00 Plus
            Getting A Vasectomy: About $500.00
            Shooting blanks to Keep your money yours: Priceless

Comment

Hi Justdan original poster...The child is 15 does not want to go back where he was taken from. Is there a basic percentage % of income to pay for child support?

I currently pay 25% but as there is no court order and sometimes I don't have it the 25%. Also he needs health insurance the other parent took him and constantly makes demands I cannot meet.

Sure we could have a court hearing but she would be the one to start it...I've tried dealing with her and do my best in a tough situation.

Thanks

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
              x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X