USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I have the right to know where he's working and what he's making?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I have the right to know where he's working and what he's making?

Nebraska

My ex told me that he was able to see how much I made and had access to my pay stubs when our child support case was first opened. Do I have the same right? Can my Pennsylvania worker call his Nebraska worked and ask for copies of his pay stubs and his employment history? Nebraska law will only allow for an order to be modified if the support payment is going up or down by 10%. He got hired at a much higher paying job but recently my support has stopped and I'm thinking he realized I could have the order modified and went back to the lower paying job. Do I have the right to know where he's working and what he's making seeing as he has this information about me?

Re: Do I have the right to know where he's working and what he's making?

I wish to inform you that you can know about the various financial details of the other party in the Discovery stage of litigation or through a court order. At present, if there is no litigation going on between the parties then you may not have such information. You can file a petition for modification of the existing child support order in the same court as it has continuing jurisdiction and demand higher child support based upon change in circumstances. You may request the court to order financial disclosure from the other party. The court always considers the best interests of the child. The court will consider all the facts and decide the matter.

AFF

Comment

Originally posted by lbeth05 View Post
      Nebraska

My ex told me that he was able to see how much I made and had access to my pay stubs when our child support case was first opened. Do I have the same right? Can my Pennsylvania worker call his Nebraska worked and ask for copies of his pay stubs and his employment history? Nebraska law will only allow for an order to be modified if the support payment is going up or down by 10%. He got hired at a much higher paying job but recently my support has stopped and I'm thinking he realized I could have the order modified and went back to the lower paying job. Do I have the right to know where he's working and what he's making seeing as he has this information about me?
      When the issue of support is before the court, any modification request, the parties are to file financial affidavits and provide copies of their income tax returns.

When a party stops paying court ordered support they are in contempt of court. I do not know what 'worker' you are referring to, but Support Enforcement should have the case. Their lawyers, usually through a branch of the state Attorney General's Office or County Prosecutor are the ones who file in court to enforce support orders.

Comment

Different states handle it differently. The DROs in PA do not provide parents with any info for the other one.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X