Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• International law: I am American, my husband is Egyptian

I am American, my husband is Egyptian, our infant son has both citizenships. My husband and I married in Sweden. Our baby was born in Sweden. We all have permanent residence in Sweden. My husband cannot enter the US without a waiver from immigration because of a problem in his past. I have been in the US with our infant son for the past six months visiting my father who is seriously ill. I am still in the US. My husband gave me an affidavit of permission to travel with our son for one year. My husband was going through some depression and rage issues. He wanted freedom from myself and our child but occasionally shows interest in our child and doesn't want to give him up. We are considering divorce. From what I read online, it seems that a divorce must be done in Sweden. Sweden almost always gives joint custody. I won't leave my infant. Does this mean that I will have to live in Sweden if we divorce? I have no family or close friends there. Thank you in advance for your reply. I appreciate your efforts.

re: International law: I am American, my husband is Egyptian

I wish to inform you that you may file for divorce in the US under the provisions for divorce as applicable in your state. You may seek sole child custody as part of the divorce decree. The court always considers the best interest of the child. Generally, the court also wants the child to grow up under the love and care of both the parents. The court will consider all the facts and decide the matter. Alternatively, you may apply for divorce in Sweden in the District Court and in which case the laws of Sweden will have jurisdiction in the matter.

AFF

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X