USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the mother get child support or does it go to grandmother?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the mother get child support or does it go to grandmother?

I have a 17 year old that has moved from her mothers. And has moved in with grandmother. Does the mother still get child support or does it go to grandmother. We live in Georgia.

re: Does the mother get child support or does it go to grandmother?

I wish to inform you that child support is paid as per court ordered child support order. In this regard child support liability arises after court has ordered to do such a thing and that order is valid unless that order has been modified. If child has moved out of mother home then you can file for modification in court that you should not be made liable for child support as there is material change in circumstances and mother is not keeping child. Court can then assess the situation and pass orders for modification of child support.

AFF

Comment

Originally posted by tlm1969 View Post
      I have a 17 year old that has moved from her mothers. And has moved in with grandmother. Does the mother still get child support or does it go to grandmother. We live in Georgia.
      The mother still receives support for the child unless or until modified by court order.

Comment

Spoke with a attorney. They explained what to do. Since child is going to grandparents house. I can send child support to grandparents for child. And would not be in willful contempt. So as long as I keep records. And why i didnt send to mother. Support is for child not mother.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X