Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mother's rights: I am working in Oman, Father is in the Philippines

Hi, good afternoon.. just keep me under the name of storm.. Im a mother of 4yr old child. Im currently working in Oman as a nurse. Iv been here for 3 years. Im not married but I have child and shes using the last name of her father. recently we had a big arguments for some issues. Father is in the Philippines, working as he claimed.. Now, my situation is.. I want to take my child here in Oman.. since I guess theres no way for us to settle everything.. How can I take my child though shes using her fathers last name.. and do I have a chance that my daughter wil be in my custody? What are my rights? and how should I start everything in legal way?

Thank you.. and I hope u can help me sort this out..

re: Mother's rights: I am working in Oman, Father is in the Philippines

I wish to inform you that court considers best interest of child as main consideration. In this regard you can have child custody from court in Philippines that child should be allowed to be stayed with you. You can court ordered child custody if you can show that it is in best interest of child that should should stay with you. As you are not married thus it is necessary that paternity must have been established with father. If no such thing has happened then you being mother have sole custody of child and father may not stop you from taking child.

AFF

Comment

re: Mother's rights: I am working in Oman, Father is in the Philippines

Originally posted by storm View Post
      hi, good afternoon..just keep me under the name of storm..im a mother of 4yr old child.im currently working in oman as a nurse.iv been here for 3years. im not married but I hav child and shes using the last name of her father. recently we had a big arguments for some issues. Father is in the Philippines, working as he claimed.. Now, my situation is.. I want to take my child here in oman..since I guess theres no way for us to settle everything.. how can I take my child though shes using her fathers last name..and do I hav a chance that my daughter wil be in my custody?what are my rights?and how should I start everything in legal way?

thank you.. and I hope u can help me sort this out..
      As mother of the child, unmarried, you have premier and sole rights to your daughter. Presumably, the child is in the Philippines. You will have to bring an action in court there for custody of the child. And the father will have to prove to the court's satisfaction that he is in fact the father.

Having left the child with him for the past three years gives him a leg up for custody, as you must realize. But you will have to make your case through the court. My suggestion is that you retain a Philippine family law attorney to file the action for you.

Comment

Re: Mother's rights: I am working in Oman, Father is in the Philippines

oh..thank you.. in addition to my case, the set up for looking after with my child was alternate.. means, most of the times my child stayed to my mother's house coz shes studying.. and every week end shes with her dad's family.. not full time she's with dad's family.. her dad is working in manila.. and not himself who's taking care of my daughter.. it's my mother.. now, what I need to know more is that.. is there any cases that the law will be on the side of the father? though I am the one who's giving and providing the needs of my child.. and infact father has some issues of having mistress.. so, is this a strong evidence that my child will be in my custody?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X