Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enforcing child support orders in US from DR

How can a child support order from the Dominican Republic be enforced in MA? I have read that the Full Faith and Credit for Child Support Orders Act mandates the enforcement but, how is it done?

Re: Enforcing child support orders in US from DR

I wish to inform you that you will have to file a lawsuit in USA for enforcement of judgment by a court from abroad. In this regard court will consider the circumstances of the case which includes whether reasonable notice and opportunity was given to other party and whether court has decided matter on merits and can then enforce judgment. Generally USA does not automatically accepts foreign court orders.

AFF

Comment

Would I be able to get legal aid or other government help to enforce an order?

I also have a 2 yr old order from DR against a now US citizen and saw this discussion here today after googling it.

Comment

Rarely can you obtain free legal representation in the US. When it is available, it goes to US citizens.
        Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

I would agree with the above but of course you can still try, and see what you can find!

And the state child support enforcement agency may be able to point you to some possible assistance though they themselves normally will not be able legally to help if the country is not a Hague Convention participant.

Comment

Do check withe state office of child support enforcement.
            Every once in a while they can still help even if you are not from a Hague Treaty country.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
            x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X