Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help please... I am so close to losing my home

i am almost 60 years old the adults are 30 and 28 years old i live in florida i was order to pay child in indiana... i have the proof that i did pay my child support but the indiana and california are still taking it out of my check i have called beg and pleaded with anyone who could help i am so close to losing my home this is not funny please can anyone tell me who i can call i really do have all the paper work and i was talking to a lady in indiana her name is susan smith she told me back in july she was stopping inidana support and that i owed california 1,700.00 i have more then that and they both are taking it out of my check no one will help i have called the governor i know that reaching but i really need help

re: I need help please... I am so close to losing my home

I wish to inform you that you can seek relief from the court. In this regard, you may file a petition in the court which had ordered the child support to be paid as it has continuing jurisdiction in the matter. You may inform the court that you have paid the amount due in child support and both the children are adults. You may provide evidence in the form of copies of receipts, checks and bank and cash statements to show your view point to the court. The burden to prove the claims made by you in the court will be on you. The court will consider all the facts and decide the matter.

AFF

Comment

Re: I need help please... I am so close to losing my home

Originally posted by geary View Post
      i am almost 60 years old the adults are 30 and 28 years old i live in florida i was order to pay child in indiana... i have the proof that i did pay my child support but the indiana and california are still taking it out of my check i have called beg and pleaded with anyone who could help i am so close to losing my home this is not funny please can anyone tell me who i can call i really do have all the paper work and i was talking to a lady in indiana her name is susan smith she told me back in july she was stopping inidana support and that i owed california 1,700.00 i have more then that and they both are taking it out of my check no one will help i have called the governor i know that reaching but i really need help
      If you had an attorney contacting DHS or whatever both state agencies are involved, it would help.

You can start with support collection service in Florida to intercede for you, presenting the proof you have that support was paid. They can communicate with Indiana and Caliifornia support enforcement agencies to clear the matter up. If it is not cleared up promptly, then you can institute action in family court in Florida against both agencies. Since their taking money out of your checks here in Florida, you have been targeted and impacted here in Florida so a Florida court can hold jurisdiction over both out of state agencies. I am sure they will resolve the matter rather than fly their state attorneys to Florida to answer to you here.

Comment

i spent all day yesterday on the phone with florida they can't help me at all...so how do i institute a action against them in flroida because i really can not keep paying child support when i have already paid it but i have no money for a lawyer

Comment

i know i can do but i dont live in indiana any more and i can not get a lawyer there because i dont have the money and no one cares that 2 states are taking money when it is not owed the proof i have is from court case history my pay checks and irs records i sat down and added it up i have paid over 55,000.00 dollars the youngest one was jail at 15 he was there until he was 18 the oldest one was pregnant and living with her boy friend.... by the laws i have paid my child support but i can not get anyone to listen to me my family here has suffered so much now we are about to lose our home i am ready to give it all up i can't take the stress of it

Comment

You can file these motions pro se.
            Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Originally posted by geary View Post
              i spent all day yesterday on the phone with florida they can't help me at all...so how do i institute a action against them in flroida because i really can not keep paying child support when i have already paid it but i have no money for a lawyer
              First, try Legal Aid for help. If you qualify by income, they should be able to represent you.

If not, you will need to file a suit in Circuit Court OR federal court against the State of Florida, and the other two states involved. Federal court may be a better choice for it is often easier there to get informa pauperis petitions accepted [inability to pay fees due to income]. One of the requirements to file in federal court is diversity of parties and with two out of state agencies, diversity is met as well as the monetary amount, more than $25 in dispute.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
              x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X