Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aunt needs help in KY

I have a niece who had a child at the age of 16, her and I was very close. I was with her during her entire pregnancy and every Dr. Appt. When she was 17 her parents moved her and the baby to Florida with them and the father of the baby did not fight for his rights, and let her go.
    My niece did not like it there did not want to move in the first place. her and I talked several times about her and the baby moving back here to KY once she turned of age. She had a boyfriend from KY move there with her when she was 18 and she decided to stay there with him. When she was 19 her and the guy split and he moved back to KY and she again was talking of moving back here also. She had it all planned to rent the U-haul and her and the baby stay with her Uncle and I. 3 weeks prior to her moving date my niece died while taking a shower. The toxicology report that took a year to report said her body was absorbing a anti depression medication she was taking and overdosed her.
    which left her 3 year old daughter to her mother( baby's grandmother). Last year the grandmother was not financially unable to care for the child alone anymore even though she received SS. So the grandmother let the father go to Florida and bring his daughter back to KY. I had made arrangements to see her and bring her to my home and spend time with her and there was no issues until he finally went to court and got full custody of her and now NO ONE on her mothers side of the family is allowed to talk or see her.
    The grandmother lives in Florida and the rest of the family live here in KY, great aunts, great uncles & great grandparent. The great grandfather passed and they would not let me talk to her to tell her of his passing or let her go to the funeral. Her mother's remains are here in KY and I would take her to see her and they will not. Do I have any rights to get visitation for her mothers side of the family?

Re: Aunt needs help in KY

What is the question? Are you speaking of taking a 3-year old to see her mother's remains? Please clarify the question.

Comment

Sorry did not realize i did not give a question. I just want to know if I have any rights to get visitation to see her?

Comment

No. Aunts have no legal standing for court ordered visitation. If dad says no, it is no.
        Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Originally posted by KHTillett37 View Post
          Sorry did not realize i did not give a question. I just want to know if I have any rights to get visitation to see her?
          nope. dad has 100 percent control who has contact with his daughter untill shes 18. the only thing you can do is make nice with him.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Frown :( Big Grin :D Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X